Experienced Minneapolis, Minnesota DUI Lawyers
Am I going to jail? ▪ Will I lose my driver's license? ▪ Where can I get help?
Getting arrested for DUI/DWI is frightening and humiliating. If you or a loved one has been arrested for DWI the most important thing to remember is:
An arrest doesn't necessarily mean a conviction.
We have developed a 'Full Court Press' Defense for these matters, touching on all of the relevant issues in the DWI context:
- Probable Cause and Reasonable Suspicion challenges (i.e., the reason you were stopped, undue extension of traffic stops, inappropriate and/or unlawful demands by peace officers, etc.)
- Bail or Bond options, with a network of bonding agencies for rapid release arrangements
- Driver's License reinstatement on full or limited basis, as rapidly as possible
- License Plate recovery (and whiskey-plate designation defense)
- Forfeiture-of-Vehicle challenges
- Alcohol Assessment and treatment assistance, where necessary
- Auto Insurance advice and referrals
- Aggressive Defense in court
Am I going to jail?
Being convicted of DUI/DWI in Minnesota can bring about severe penalties. It is important to remember that being arrested does not always mean a conviction. A conviction does not necessarily mean jail time.
1st offense/4th Degree DWI - Misdemeanor
Up to 90 days in jail and fines
2nd or 3rd Degree DWI/BAC of .20 or more/Refusal to Submit - Gross Misdemeanor
Up to one year in jail and fines
1st Degree DWI - Felony
Up to seven years in prison and up to $14,000 fine
Am I going to lose my license?
You will lose your license for a period of time if your BAC is above the legal limit. This suspension begins seven days after your test and ranges from 30 days to permanent revocation depending on prior offenses. You may be able to challenge the suspension of your license by filing an Implied Consent Petition within thirty days.
In Minnesota, DWI suspensions require a $690 reinstatement fee. You will also be required to complete a license application, DWI knowledge test and a chemical assessment.
Where can I get help?
The experienced attorneys at Adkins Law Group are ready to aggressively defend you against DWI charges and conviction. We know that one DWI case is not the same as another. You will get representation tailored to your particular situation.
Our DWI victories have included:
- Reduced Sentencing
Contact Us Immediately
If you or a loved one is facing DWI charges, you need to secure an experienced DWI attorney immediately. Your rights could be at stake. Contact us 24 hours a day at 612-355-2787. We offer a free initial consultation.
The Adkins Law Group, Chartered
1050 Flour Exchange Building
310 Fourth Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Contact us at 612-355-2787 for experienced legal representation tailored to your specific case.